Sunday, August 26, 2012

March 8, 2007: Phew!

Yea, it's the weekend! This picture is for Kat's 'Feline Friday!'

I did 30 hours of recording this week, 11 of which were on my own. Bowzer will understand that I am one tired little camper.
Very briefly, I had a wonderful birthday (two dinners and two cakes so far, all separate occasions.) I have sanded and varnished almost half the floor. No, it doesn't really take that long, I just haven't had huge amounts of free time to work on it. (Aside from the fact that 2/3 of the holes to be pegged are TOO BIG and thus I had to track down slightly larger dowels. It was I who selected the drill bit and thus it is 100% my mistake. Argh.) Did I mention I have been busy at work?
Tomorrow morning at 8:30 Simon, Sophie and I will go up to Tien Mu for the Orphans Annual Secondhand Book Sale:” yea, books! At one I am meeting Bernard for lunch. I worked with Bernard for about a year or so maybe seven years ago. We have met very infrequently since then so I am sure there will be a lot of news to catch up on. At four I am seeing Tsai to have something done with the rat'™s nest I affectionately call my hair: a few artistic streaks and a trim. Then home to Xindian via the grocery store to prepare for Tilman and my combined birthday brunch. The brunch is kindly being hosted by Angela and Stacy as their home is much more central than mine. This is especially important for Belle who lives in Dansui, about an hour and a half from my place.
What else? Sophie slept over last Saturday. I read a story to her until about 11 pm then we went to sleep. As she is a middle of the night blanket thief I make her bring her own. Uh-huh, and she woke up in the middle of the night saying she was cold, so we had to share anyway, rats. Sunday morning we went to Joufen, about an hour northish from Taipei, with Stacy, Angela and Tsai. We had an awesome day, playing kalah, drinking tea and tea and tea from thimble-sized cups, eating, chatting, taking pictures: Ang got out her Tarot cards and told our fortunes. I didn't believe mine, but then I didn’t like the result, hmph. We got back to Taipei in the early evening. Stood outside Grandma Nitti'™s drinking beer and chatting with Simon and some Animals Taiwan people, then over to Jane's for pizza, wine and (more!) chatting. What a surprise.
On our way home Sophie and I stopped to watch the 'sky lanterns'™ and fireworks over the bitan bridge.
Ok, I must go downstairs and make a shopping list or else I'™ll be hooped tomorrow and forget to get half the groceries. There will probably be another pause in blogging as I have another very FULL week of taping looming.
Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment