For
years and years I most boringly would fall asleep (in bed or not!)
between 10 and 11, and then wake up between 5:30~6:30. Although not
fabulous for parties (as I often quietly started snoozing on whatever
couch was handy) I really enjoyed waking up refreshed every morning and
being awake for most of the daylight hours. About a year ago, I started
staying awake later. It wasn't that I tried to stay up, I just didn't
get tired until later. The last couple of months it's been getting
ridiculous: I am now typically going to sleep between 1:30~3:00 am!
(Andy, can you believe it??) Which means that when I d-r-a-g myself out
of bed at 8:00 am I feel awful.
So, starting tonight, I am going to try to get back into my 'normal' routine. I have 25 minutes to get myself tucked into bed with the lights out! (It's 10:35 now.)
I went to Lourdes this afternoon and we made coffee-date muffins. Except, we had no dates, so we made it with 1/2 dried apricots, 1/2 currant. And our oven is tiny, we can only cook six muffins at a time, so we made it into a cake. It was not bad, moist, not too sweet. The coffee flavour wasn't strong enough for me. For next week one of the guys has requested that we make peanut butter cookies.
I recorded the Great Wall from 4~7. The air conditioner was not working well at all so the studio was hot and stuffy. I kept nearly dozing off and my voice sounded very, very flat.
After an hour we moved to another studio (with air con!) which was quite a bit better. After work I picked up some funky kitty litter that is made of pine that has been packed into little pellets. You know, that's probably enough description already, isn't it? Then filled up with gas, got my oil changed and ate a quick dinner (lu rou fan, ching tsai, dofu and a tea egg!)
Bed in ten minutes--'night all!
[ed: I've started creeping up to midnight or later for going to bed...went back to 10:30 last night...much better. Looks like it will be 11:00 tonight!]
So, starting tonight, I am going to try to get back into my 'normal' routine. I have 25 minutes to get myself tucked into bed with the lights out! (It's 10:35 now.)
I went to Lourdes this afternoon and we made coffee-date muffins. Except, we had no dates, so we made it with 1/2 dried apricots, 1/2 currant. And our oven is tiny, we can only cook six muffins at a time, so we made it into a cake. It was not bad, moist, not too sweet. The coffee flavour wasn't strong enough for me. For next week one of the guys has requested that we make peanut butter cookies.
I recorded the Great Wall from 4~7. The air conditioner was not working well at all so the studio was hot and stuffy. I kept nearly dozing off and my voice sounded very, very flat.
After an hour we moved to another studio (with air con!) which was quite a bit better. After work I picked up some funky kitty litter that is made of pine that has been packed into little pellets. You know, that's probably enough description already, isn't it? Then filled up with gas, got my oil changed and ate a quick dinner (lu rou fan, ching tsai, dofu and a tea egg!)
Bed in ten minutes--'night all!
[ed: I've started creeping up to midnight or later for going to bed...went back to 10:30 last night...much better. Looks like it will be 11:00 tonight!]
No comments:
Post a Comment