Sunday, August 26, 2012

Feb. 18, 2007: Lunar New Year feast!

We had a fabulous time at Tilman and Daiyu's place yesterday. This was the third year in a row that we've gone there for feasting, mah jong and happy chat. I realised when I got home that I only had one photo of our lunch:

From the top right: new potatoes with butter and parsley, very tender steak with onions and red wine, stir fried cabbage and cauliflower with lots of garlic, shrimp and scallops in a coconut sauce. Not pictured: Taiwanese rice and 'hong xiao rou', fatty pork that is cooked for a long time in yummy sauce~tender and oh-s0-tasty! It was a mix of Hakka, Taiwanese and Western food and it was all delicious!
Tsai brought Sesame Tang Yuan, a specialty from Keelong. Her sister had bought the Tang Yuan the day before after lining up for some time. They were delicious. (Better than the Tang Yuan I had in December!)
The box says: Every Home Luck! which could probably be better translated as "Wishing everyone good luck/fortune!" And you can see the traditional Chinese Donald Duck. (Did you know that Donald Duck originated in China? Uh-huh, Walt Disney copied him from a painting on the Great Wall. Hee, hee, hee!)


Into a pot of boiling water!


Stir them so they don't stick.

Flower-infused syrup: mix about 70% water from boiling with 30% syrup--it's sweet!

They are floating, nearly ready.

Ready to eat!

Mmmmmm, says Tsai!

No comments:

Post a Comment