Sunday, August 26, 2012

LW 12.2002 ~ 2.2007

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words. This morning I sat with LW under the awning on the roof for awhile watching the rain fall, giving him a last look around. I then took him to the vet who did his job competently and with the minimum of chat. This was a good thing because I was too choked up to talk properly.
I brought LW home and put him in the box I had prepared. He looked very relaxed. I sat outside with him for about an hour as I had this dread of unwittingly burying him alive. When it was completely clear that he was well and truly gone I put the lid on and buried him. As the hole was not the 1 m depth recommended by the vet (to prevent my other furry critters from digging him up--yech) I piled a bunch of rocks on top.



The whole procedure was sad but I have a real sense of closure having buried him myself. I think this sounds weird as I type it, but there you go. I'm weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment