Sunday, August 26, 2012

March 20, 2007: Everyday life

Ah, another satisfying day. It started off very well as it was SUNNY this morning. Not sparkling blue skies and blazing sun: it was more that the sun was playing hide and seek among the clouds. But that’s the most sun I’ve seen in a long while.
 
After walking two very happy dogs we returned for breakfast.  I did a bit of writing, a bit of editing, practiced some songs for this afternoon. The singing case went surprisingly well: yea! The second case was interesting as I recorded with two different guys. One is American and we recorded for the first hour in our normal accents. The second fellow is Irish, we were required to record the second hour in fake British accents. This was easy for me as I often have to put on a fake accent. It was this fellow’s first time recording and man was he nervous. His voice is not suited to recording (too rough), his ‘British’ accent was poor and he was sooo nervous. It was a shame because when he spoke normally he sounded quite lovely (and he was awfully handsome, too!) I tried to help him out a bit and everyone was really calm trying to allow him to relax and become more natural. He works for the company that is producing this project and they brought him in -- so the quality, or lack thereof, is their business.

I stopped at an art supplies store to get some bits for crafting with Sophie, ear plugs for me and a can of coconut milk. 

Once home it still wasn’t raining (yea!!) so I took the dogs for a shorter walk. As it was dark Little Fella had his flashing collar on. It’s pretty neat to see just this flashing red band floating in the night air. I cooked the beasties their dinner and made chicken curry for me (YUM). Leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch and dinner: happy, happy.

Did chores tonight and got organized for tomorrow. Nothing exciting! It’s now eleven pm, time for bed as tomorrow will again be a full day.

No comments:

Post a Comment