I
am turning into a piece of fruit. I have eaten about six truck loads of
fruit this weekend. And I don't even like fruit that much. (It's better
if it is fermented and liquified.)
Well then, why, you may be wondering, gentle reader, am I eating so much fruit? It's Mr Du's fault.
And who is Mr Du? Mr Du is a very nice gentleman who allows Andy and me to take scrap wood from the furniture factory to burn in our fireplaces so we don't freeze to death in winter. Mr Du's boss does not want anyone to take this wood. The boss man wants Mr Du to burn it secretly when no one is watching.
Um, WTF? Yip, that's right. The boss man was allowing all and sundry to take the scrap wood as it was, yes, Scrap Wood. Little pieces about 8~25 cm long, all different shapes and thicknesses. Until the day that someone got into a chatroom here in Taipei, jumped up onto his virtual soapbox and declared that the boss man was Bad and Evil because he was wasting all this wood, allowing it to be burnt! Boss man didn't want to deal with the bad press and told Mr Du and the staff that no one was to take scrap wood, the idea being I suppose that people might forget all about the scrap wood, or believe it was being used for something useful.
Mr Du understands that the logic being employed by the boss man is, to put it kindly, faulty. So he was allowing us to sneak by just as they were closing and surrepticiously take bags of scrap wood. Yea, Mr Du!
And then we heard the bad news. Mr Du was heading back to his hometown of Kao Xiung. Considering that Mr Du looks about a hundred and four years old he must be ready to retire. He told his boss and told Andy he'd be leaving at the end of March. So on Firday evening I prepared this fruit basket and a bottle of wine to take as a 'thank you' present. We got there only to discover that Mr Du had already gone down south--eek! He has a problem with his foot (or leg, not sure) which needs 1~2 months to recover. Poor Mr Du! And so I have all this fruit. I have given some away and heroically munched my way through some of it. More is packed for my recess tomorrow.

Oh, and the bottle of wine? I drank the wine Friday night. It was lovely! :o)
Well then, why, you may be wondering, gentle reader, am I eating so much fruit? It's Mr Du's fault.
And who is Mr Du? Mr Du is a very nice gentleman who allows Andy and me to take scrap wood from the furniture factory to burn in our fireplaces so we don't freeze to death in winter. Mr Du's boss does not want anyone to take this wood. The boss man wants Mr Du to burn it secretly when no one is watching.
Um, WTF? Yip, that's right. The boss man was allowing all and sundry to take the scrap wood as it was, yes, Scrap Wood. Little pieces about 8~25 cm long, all different shapes and thicknesses. Until the day that someone got into a chatroom here in Taipei, jumped up onto his virtual soapbox and declared that the boss man was Bad and Evil because he was wasting all this wood, allowing it to be burnt! Boss man didn't want to deal with the bad press and told Mr Du and the staff that no one was to take scrap wood, the idea being I suppose that people might forget all about the scrap wood, or believe it was being used for something useful.
Mr Du understands that the logic being employed by the boss man is, to put it kindly, faulty. So he was allowing us to sneak by just as they were closing and surrepticiously take bags of scrap wood. Yea, Mr Du!
And then we heard the bad news. Mr Du was heading back to his hometown of Kao Xiung. Considering that Mr Du looks about a hundred and four years old he must be ready to retire. He told his boss and told Andy he'd be leaving at the end of March. So on Firday evening I prepared this fruit basket and a bottle of wine to take as a 'thank you' present. We got there only to discover that Mr Du had already gone down south--eek! He has a problem with his foot (or leg, not sure) which needs 1~2 months to recover. Poor Mr Du! And so I have all this fruit. I have given some away and heroically munched my way through some of it. More is packed for my recess tomorrow.

Oh, and the bottle of wine? I drank the wine Friday night. It was lovely! :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment