This is a photo of inquisitive Mower--same colour scheme as Little One, but
a much fluffier (and crankier) version!
On being (or not) bitchy
A few weeks ago Angela made an interesting comment about my blog: ‘If I didn’t
know it were you, if the names were changed, I might not know it was you. It’s
like, there’s something missing.’
‘Yes, you’re right,’ I agreed. ‘I’m not generally bitchy on my blog.’
‘Er. Well, yes. You’re all cute and happy.’
************************************************
An overcoat hides nothing.
Gents, I hate to break this to you, but masturbating in public under your
overcoat fools no one. This also goes for a tray table on an airplane, and a
blanket on a sofa. The distinctive repeated pulling action combined with the
occasional squirm and shortened breath gives you away. While I am a fan of masturbating,
(yea!), I do believe it is something that is best done behind closed doors.
Doing it in public merely demonstrates to the world that you truly are a sad
and pathetic being. A briefcase is also insufficient cover. Remember: Behind
closed doors, not in public.
************************************************
Strawberries in January?
Now is strawberry season here in Taiwan. Does it seem strange to you to have
strawberry season in January? It strikes me as very odd, but quite wonderful
all the same. I tend to buy a large flat of strawbs, eat some fresh and freeze
the rest to turn into fantabulous frozen strawberry-gin cocktails in the
summer.
************************************************
Happy Birthday!
I arbitrarily decided that January 11th was Little Fella’s first
birthday. Wonderfully enough, the splints I ordered for his back legs arrived
that day. I was very excited and hopeful about these splints. In fact, they
have NOT miraculously cured his semi-paralysis (rats), however they mean that
he can walk on the road without scraping the skin off his feet as they drag. I
still take him for his long walk (usually in the morning) using his cart, but
the splints mean he can potter around relatively unfettered. A couple of days
ago he started making his way down the river bank. I found him by following the
‘click, clack’ noises of the splints on the rocks. Hm, closer supervision
required! Soph says he sounds like a horse when he is wearing his splints.



No comments:
Post a Comment