Dinner was delish!
Here are a few shots of the chef at work:




First course was Dahl (dal? dall? daal?) This is a dish made with lentils, like a very hearty soup. It has lots of Indian spices and is a bit spicy (as in hot). Mmm, good!

Our main course was Chicken Korma and Aloo [something]. 'Aloo' means potato and [something] probably means spinach.

We also had cold tomato-onion salad and the Mogul lamb.

Of course there was rice as well. Here is my bowl...delicious!

But that, my friends, was not all. No, there were presents, too! Andy had some birthday presents for me. (Hey, I always say "Better late than never!" if we're talking pressies for me!!)
I opened the first one. A scarf? Nah, too stiff. I unfolded it. "A tablecloth?" Nope, said Andy. "Insulation?" (like a camping survival blanket.) "Nope," again. "Oooh, it's a cape!" *Andy laughed* "Well, sort of! Open the next one!"

The next present was...A sceptre! For a princess! For ME, xindianprincess!

And the crowning touch...A crown! Well, a tiara, anyway. Sophie found the ties to my cape and helped me prepare to greet my subjects:

And here I am, Xindian Princess, in my throne. "We are extremely amused!!"

Here are a few shots of the chef at work:




First course was Dahl (dal? dall? daal?) This is a dish made with lentils, like a very hearty soup. It has lots of Indian spices and is a bit spicy (as in hot). Mmm, good!

Our main course was Chicken Korma and Aloo [something]. 'Aloo' means potato and [something] probably means spinach.

We also had cold tomato-onion salad and the Mogul lamb.

Of course there was rice as well. Here is my bowl...delicious!

But that, my friends, was not all. No, there were presents, too! Andy had some birthday presents for me. (Hey, I always say "Better late than never!" if we're talking pressies for me!!)
I opened the first one. A scarf? Nah, too stiff. I unfolded it. "A tablecloth?" Nope, said Andy. "Insulation?" (like a camping survival blanket.) "Nope," again. "Oooh, it's a cape!" *Andy laughed* "Well, sort of! Open the next one!"

The next present was...A sceptre! For a princess! For ME, xindianprincess!

And the crowning touch...A crown! Well, a tiara, anyway. Sophie found the ties to my cape and helped me prepare to greet my subjects:

And here I am, Xindian Princess, in my throne. "We are extremely amused!!"

No comments:
Post a Comment