
On Saturday morning Sophie was telling me about school: "And there is this girl in my class, she is three heads taller than me."
"Three heads taller? Are you sure? That would make her taller than ME." I said. Not that it means much as I am only 5' 2.5" (about 155 cm)!
"Well, I bet she comes up to your shoulder."
"Wow, that is tall. Why do you think she is so tall? What does she eat?"
"She's ten," said Sophie.
"So she must be in grade four." I said. Sophie is eight years old and in grade two.
"No, she's in my class. She's a 'late bloomer.' "
"..." I swallowed the laughter that was bursting to come out. "A late bloomer? Where did you learn that expression, Soph?"
"From the movie 'Sky High.' Remember, that kid's dad said that he was a late bloomer."
"Right, I remember. Well, I'll bet you're right, she probably is a late bloomer."
What a precious child that Sophie is!
No comments:
Post a Comment