It's been a while, hey!
All is well, more or less. I will catch you up on the minutiae of my life another day...
Classes are done! I think I will have an A average unless my final assignments aren't as brilliant as I think they are. : P
Tomorrow I start at an elementary school working in a Grade 5/6 class. I am pretty excited about working at this school as it the students come from a different socio-economic background as the schools I was at last year. They are also quite a bit older--in Canada the 'biggest' kids I've taught have been grade three. (Neil and Chelle, I don't know what 'form/year' this works out to be, but the Grade 5/6 students are 10-11 (or possibly 12) years old.)
This afternoon I am working at 'Taboo--the naughty but nice sex show'!! I am volunteering with Calgary Outlink, so I think it will be fun. Apparently the board agreed that the volunteers at the Outlink booth would dress in a fetish style. *gulp* I don't actually own any typically fetish type clothes...
And this morning I am continuing with studying for my correspondence course about Canadian History (pre-contact to 1867, when we officially stopped being a colony and became our own country.)
I anticipate that I will be pretty busy the next four weeks in my practicum but then I have almost a month off until my final semester begins...will try to catch up with all your news then.
Much love!
Gael
PS Here's a link to a site I made for a school project this semester. It took me about 30 hours to do so I hope my prof likes it!
PPS Mower is still around and kicking. Apparently (a) getting the dental surgery done and (b) buying her special low-protein/high-fat cat food is doing the trick. Yay!
Good to see you back. School can be so overwhelming I'm finding out again. And I had forgotten so much math that the review is super time-consuming.
ReplyDeleteOne. More. Exam.
ReplyDeleteThen I'll be :o)
Hang in there, Liz, you can do it!
True story: The 'Taboo' show put me somewhat outside of my comfort zone at times. I did, however, try on some sumptuous corsets (handmade in Vancouver by a wife-husband team) that made my figure look positively delish! At $245 each I need to wait until I have an income. : )
ReplyDeleteGael! It's nice to see you! i'm glad school has gone well.
ReplyDeleteDoing Big Thinkers Science Exploration i work with Kindergarten (age 5) through grade 5 (approximately 11, some are turning 12 during the year, and a couple might be enough younger to still be ten, our kids are supposed to be 6 when they start first grade, but some sneak in a little younger), which, at times, makes for interesting perception differences. But then, we all perceive things differently, so that happens anywhere.
i hope you're finding the Canadian history fascinating.
i'm sure that you handled the Taboo interactions brilliantly.
i'll check out the link when i have more time, and i'm glad Mower is healthier. harmony!